CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 18 August 2011

It's raining hearts on Teddy Bo and Bea

The other day I mentioned to my MIL that I wanted to do a shaker card and as soon as she saw Love Showers Teddy Bo digi stamp she said that I should get that and make it into the shaker card.  So as any good daughter-in-law would do I did as I was told and went to the shop and added love showers to my basket.  As I was there another couple of digi's fell in the basket and then I saw that Gayle had released the first lot of their new goodies, a new 8x8" patterned papers book so that fell in too.  Well it would be rude not to wouldn't it??
The papers arrived this morning and I'm regretting only buying 1 lot of papers.  They are gorgeous and printed on the best quality paper I've ever found.  I had planned on using them on this card but just couldn't take my scissor's to them. 
I am entering this card into the following challenge :
Bunny Zoe's - easel cards
Cute card thursday - weddings
Craft us crazy - anything goes
Teddy Bo - love is in the air
Anything goes - celebrations
Bearly mine - bling
Critter sketch - wedding
Stamptacular - fancy folds
Totally gorjuss - going round in circles





I began by colouring in Teddy Bo and Bea in sepia tones to match the gold sequin hearts.  The actual shaker piece is the plastic covering for the red thin super sticky tape.  I them went onto the gallery on Make the cut and found this gorgeous frame.  I needed to fiddle with it a bit to get it the perfect fit for my shaker.I them cut it out of punch tape and covered it in gilding flakes.  Next came the time consuming job of brushing off all the excess flakes, which wasn't easy due to the frame having so many fiddly bits.  I finally cut a shadow mat and glued everything together.  The front is finished with card candi by craftwork cards.
The inside was made to repeat the front, only making smaller frames to fit the wedding sentiment on.  The cream spotty paper is Bo Bunny double dot.
I think that just about covers it all,
Hugs
H xx

20 comments:

Rosietoes

Stunning, gorgeous and beautiful.

Thank you for joining us at Teddybo.

Edna x

Céline

so so beautifull card, i adore the ornament
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
have you see our dt call, it will be a plesure to see you in the candidates.
hugs
céline SSC DT

♥Gry

Hi!
Fab card - love the image <3

Hugs, Gry

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear)

Wow what an awesome use of colour - love it - thanks for sharing with us at Teddy Bo
Hugs,
Debbie xx

Kat

This is beautiful Hazel. I love that sweet image and lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Kathy

Oh my word Hazel!!!! This is stunning!!! I LOVE love your color combo and using this image for a shaker card is brilliant!!! I so love this and I am certain the recipient will as well!! Gorgeous card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Teddy Bo!
:)Kathy

femke

hi hazel,

you made a gorgeous shakercard!!!

greetings femke

Angie

Fantastic shaker card love the classy colours and the fab frame.
Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this time
Angie x

Clairebears

What a brilliant shaker card - I love the tones you have used to colour the bears in with! I have the papers and just keep looking at them, I have cut into them now and felt soooooo guilty lol!!!

Thanks for playing along at Teddy Bo's challenge.

Love Clairebears x

Cards By MI

Really wonderful card. Lovely colours. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Jill

Oh Hazel, this is fantastic!
I love your shaker card. The sephia tones are just beautiful and I love the glitterstuff inside :)
Stunning job!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Teddy Bo!
Hugs, Jill

cheryl

oh this is just gorgeous the detail on this is,brilliant love the image and color choice bless you for playing at anything goes,love hugs cherylxxxx

Sharron aka Sharrahug

Soooo sweet, Hazel! Love your easel card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Us Crazy and I hope you will join us again!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Georgia Ehrmann

Stunning! I would cherish this if it was my wedding card gift! Thanks for playing at Critter Sketch and good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Unknown

Ooooh.... This was sooo nice!! Love the color! And the image was gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge last week. Hope to see you for the "ABC`s" this week :)

Hugs Tine

Colette

Lovely card, thanks for playing along at the Teddy Bo challenge. Good Luck! Colette xx

Steph

Such a sweet image and love the rich colours. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again soon! x

Lucianna Dilsaver

This is just tooo sweet, I just love your monochromatic colors with your wonderful image! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

The Sticky Elf

Gorgeous card. I do love teddybo stamps and it's just perfect as a shaker card.

Oh to have a MIL to support my crafting habit ;)

Nxxx
The Sticky Elf

Tab

Beautiful card, hun! Good luck with the Teddy Bo Challenge!
Hugs Tab xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails