CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 13 June 2011

It must be a Magical Monday

Today marks the first day on the Magical Monday design team.  Our challenges last for 2 weeks and so that gives you plenty of time to dig out your magical stamps.
Our next challenge has a theme of Punches and Embossing.  Don't forget to use a Magical image in order to be in a chance of winning our prize which is your choice of 3 sheets of Decoupage from The 
Crafty Purple Frog.

Here is my card for the challenge :

I made a twisted easel card. 



Here is a close-up of the beautiful fairy 


And here you can see how I trimmed her out and popped her up on foam pads 


For this card I chose to use my trusty Martha Stewart double loops punch to fit in with the current magical monday's challenge.
Here's how I made my card. 
I chose the gorgeous Ally and beeble from the Australian company Emerald Fairy Garden.  She has some of the best fairies around and I struggled picking just one.  I them coloured with my copics and added glamour dust to het wings and sakura clear stardust pen to the ladybugs spots.  I then very carefully cut her out.
The green and blue panel behind Ally was made by blending crushed olives, faded jeans and bundled sage.  I then sprayed my perfect pearls mist to give it some extra sparkle.
The plain blue and green cardstock is american crafts.  I don't know the make of the stripy paper I'm afraid but the strip on the base of the card has got glamour dust across each colour change.
I am entering this card into the following challenges :
Papertake weekly- anything goes
Emerald Fairy Garden - lots of bling
The Sweet Stop - for the sketch I changed the flower for the strip of punched loops

The design team have once again outdone themselves and are well worth having that closer look.
I hope you come and join us over at Magical Monday's.
Hugs
H xx

6 comments:

Marion

Hi Hazel, Fabulous card and a lovely image. Going to go look at these. Love how you did the background and used that fab punch. Great colour combo.
hugs
Marion

Anonymous

Hi Hazel, such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly and good luck!

vicmbee

beautiful.. I love the background colours and Ally & Beeble look so cute.. thanks for joining in the Emerald Faerie challenge..Vicki xxx

Deb Mitchell

ohhhhh wow, your card is absolutely stunning hun! How gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Emerald faeries garden this fornight

Hugz, Deb

Heidi

Hazel, stunning card! I love all of the yellow. I love how you popped up the fairy! So glad to have you on the MM Design Team!

Monika/Buzsy

Such a sweet card Hazel. Love the cute image, the easel fold... the dimension... Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails