CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 15 June 2011

I just love sepia cards

They have to be my most favourite colour scheme so when i-copics challenge was to only use copics in the brown family I was overjoyed.  So for this card I concentrated on using only brown copics for the i-copic challenge and a one-layer card (excluding ribbon)  for Tiddly Inks , I really had to get my thinking cap on.
So I decided to try and do a bit of card design within adobe elements and then to print out and colour the image.
I am not overly confident in elements but I gave it a go.  I managed to get the image and the sentiment on and decided the image needed a frame.  After a bit of time pressing buttons to see what they did I got a nice frame around the image, but it still needed something extra.  It needed some PP, so I quickly scanned one of my favourite pieces and added a strip of it within elements and I was happy.
I finally added 2 strips of ribbon that I got from The stamp pad in Saddleworth. This is such gorgeous ribbon, I will have to get some more.  If you live locally you might want to nip over there on Tuesday 21st June as they are opening until 9pm, to give you plenty of time to browse, watch a demo or two and maybe even have a glass of wine.  I went to their last demo day and thoroughly enjoyed myself, not only were all the staff happy to answer any questions but the demo's were brilliant, I could have stayed all day.
So after all that rambling one, I'd better show you my card, hadn't I?


Here is a close-up of the lighthouse.  I printed onto conqueror concept glod dust card.  It give a lovely effect but it's very hard to blend on.


Here you can just how flat my card actually is, a miracle for someone who love to pad up her layers on cards.


Its so nice to be back Tiddly-ing again, I've really missed colouring Christy's imagas.
Hugs
H xx

9 comments:

Dana

This is one amazing card!! The image is amazing, sort of a Dr. Suess look to it. Your coloring is amazing and I love how you shared everything you did in Elements. Thanks for another amazing card in our challenge at icopic this week!
Hugs~
Dana

Loopylou.

oh hazel, it is beautiful hun, just beautiful and i love the sepia colourscheme. thank you for playing with the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xxx

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals

I really like the minimal colors, Hazel!!! Looks great! :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals

Ahhh, I just caught your sweet words at the end....:) Blush!

So glad to have you tiddly-ing again too! :)

DonnaMundinger

Absolutely gorgeous Hazel! Love your color pallette. Glad to have you back playing with the Tiddly Inkers. xxd

CraftyMomOf3

Hazel this is so beautiful! A perfect and handsome card!! Love that ribbon!!! So glad you're back!! We've missed you at Tiddly Inks!

Hugs!!
Meredith

mfc.melissamade2

OH this is lovely Hazel!!! The colors are perfect and a bit muted which makes it look vintage!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us - we've missed you!
((hugs))
M

Cheryl Valadez

Love the sepia tones! This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Tiddly Inks! Hugz, Cheryl

Unknown

Oh Hazel, I love this card! Your image is just beautiful and the sepia tones are great! Such an amazing card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails