CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 27 September 2010

What shoe are you & a new crop

I have finally done my circle journal entry for this month.
For those that don't know what a circle journal is, here's an explanation I found on the net.
"A circle journal is a scrapbook made by at least 2 scrapbookers.  It is usually passed by mail from person to person.  Circle journals typically have a theme, and each scrapbooker makes a one or 2-page layout on that theme before passing it on to the next group member.  In most circle journal groups, the number of scrapbooks equals the number of circle journal members. Each album travels from member to member before mailing it back to the owner.  A circle journal can be compared to  a round robin for scrapbookers.

Circle journals come in a variety of themes.  The themes can be as simple as "A Circle of Friends," and each member designs a page about herself.  Circle journal themes can be more complex as well, like "Tips and Techniques" or "Our Scrapbooking Design Styles."

My topic for this month was what shoe are you?
Thing is I don't do shoes.  I do trainers, walking boots, wellies and slippers. So really didn't know what i was going to do until Leah my yellow lab brought me my old slippers so I decided to do my slippers before and after she joined our family.
Here's my lay outs.


We are meant to put a photo of ourselves on the sign in page at the back but as well as not doing shoes I also don't do photos, so contemplating cheating and putting a photo of Leah as I wouldn't have done these pages if it wasn't for her.

Now, this afternoon I went to a new crop, over in Middleton.  I went about 3 weeks ago for the first time and said if they did't change the teacher I wasn't going back.  Well, today they asked the person who taught last term to stand in today til they found a new person.
Eleanor,the stand in, was lovely and we made 2 lovely Christmas cards.
This is one of the cards we made.


I don't think you can see it clearly but to open the card to the inside you just lift the bit with the verse on.

Hopefully tomorrow my new crop bag will come and also my new embossing folder set.
I have a notice left of the postie which should be my pee-wee glitters and Mikes going to pick them up for me in the moring.
Also tomorrow morning I need to make a card for a friends birthday.  Hoping it can also be my tiddly ink challenge for this week aswell as I've got quite a bit on and I really need to get a few more pages of the scrapbook I have started for some lovely relatives that recently came over from Perth, Australia.

Thanks for stopping by,
H xx

2 comments:

Ellis

Wonderful LO with Leah and your slippers! =)
Beautiful christmascard! =)
Hugs, Elenor

http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

Unknown

Hazel - this is brill - fantastic layout and lovely story to go with it. I have similar slippers in pink but i find that they smell really quickly!!!

Leah is absolutely gorgeous and i bet she's great company.

Thanks for sharing.

Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails