CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 5 September 2011

Yesterday I found out that one of my Mum and Dad's oldest friend is really having a hard time living with cancer and they wanted a card to give him that showed they cared.  Now I've known Jack all my life, his wife was there for my Mum when she started going into labour until Dad arrived.  Now Jack is a lifelong Bury F.C supporter and my husband and his family are fans of bury's biggest rival the mighty Rochdale A.F.C
Now I wanted Jack to know we cared but I didn't want him to think I felt sorry for him so thought I would have a little joke with the card.  I also felt that the usual Get Well Soon was not right for obvious reasons.
I needed to explain all this as you just wouldn't understand the wording otherwise.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Critter Sketch - anything goes
Simon says stamp - anything goes
Stamptacular - anything goes but be creative (I needed to be creative with the wording)
Crafty pad - blue and brown
Paper sundaes - super duper sketch
Pile it on - B is for .... Bear
Bugaboo - anything goes
Card making mamas - digi week
Stamp something - digi week
Do you stack up - friendly critters





Isn't he just the cutest!! He is of course Teddy Bo.  He has just had his shop made-over and would love to show it off to you if you pop over.  He is coloured with my super duper copic's.  In the sketch the image had inverted rounded corner's and sadly I don't have one of those punches so instead I'm using a woodware one Mum won and gave me.  The paper's are actually nitwit one's that came in a pack with a magazine.  I so love these denim look papers.  The gems were originally clear but I coloured them with my copic's to match in with the colour scheme.
I really liked this sketch so much so I continued with it on the inside of the card.
Now there is some blog candy on offer over at Cutie Pie Challenge and everytime I look more stash has been added.  The blog candy is available until the launch of the challenge on the 19th september, which is just 2 weeks today!!!
If you would like to sponsor our "amazing" challenge get in quick as our sponsorship is filling up by the day!!
Hugs
H xx

14 comments:

Maggie's Crafts

Stunning creation!

Thank you for joining The Crafty Pad in Blue & Brown challenge.

Maggie
x

Bettina L.

Such a beautiful card you've made there. I love the whole setup and teddy bo. I'm sure they will be pleased with the card. Hugs Bettina

Shanna Shands

I love Teddy Bo's I have yet to acquire any yet but I love what you have done with the card using our sketch here at Paper Sundaes....Thanks for playing

Shanna

Anonymous

A wonderful card, bound to bring a smile to his face! Big Hugs Woo xxx

Dawn

Awww, what a lovely card! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week for our Blue & Brown challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Maria

I love your card, it is beautiful!!!!!
Thank you for playing in the Blue & Brown Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Hugs,
Maria

aqualeiga

Love this card, and I think the sentiment is just perfect for the occasion...you've done a great job which I'm sure will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week.

Hugs, Ali x

Céline

sweet card Hazel!
fab coloring
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Lucianna Dilsaver

Really beautiful easel card and such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Naomi

This is AWESOME! Love that LO, the ADORABLE image, your AMAZING colouring, and that FAB sentiment! Thank you SO much for playing along with us, again, at DYSU!

Becky G

Great card! Love all the details!

So glad you joined us in the Catch The Bug challenge this week!

:)Becky

Crystal

Love this image & I'm sure it will bring a smile to his face! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh)

A great idea to bring the sketch on the inside of your card too! So cute and it made me grin--I'm sure the receiver smiled too! thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

♥ Lisa PSDT
http://lisabeesponderings.blogspot.com

Penny

Your card actually made me say WOW outloud! Thanks for linking up with the Card Making Mamas Challenge this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails